Registration for the EMS Annual Meeting 2018 is by payment of the appropriate registration fee. There is no waiving of registration fees except for scientists receiving support.
Registration fees cover access to all scientific events, refreshments during the coffee breaks, and the icebreaker reception.
The EMS aims to make the Annual Meeting more sustainable and minimize the use of resources. During the abstract submission, authors are asked to indicate whether a printed programme book is needed. According to the outcome, only a limited number of programme books will be available.Copies for every one's use will be distributed around the conference venue; personal copies will be handed out on request at the registration desk.
Please be aware that the mobile app (continuous updates) and the EMS2018 website will offer the option of generating and printing your own personal programme.
Offset your carbon footprint
Within the registration you will have the option to compensate the CO2 emission caused by your travel to Budapest.
BAMS Digital Edition
The American Meteorological Society offers 3-months access to the BAMS Digital Edition for all student registrations at the EMS2018. Young scientists who would like to receive a code for 3-months access to BAMS Digital Edition, will have to agree to have their email address forwarded to the AMS (tick the relevant box during the registration process).
Early registration rate
- When registering for the early registration rate, there are two payment options: (a) by credit card or (b) by bank transfer.
- Participants from most European countries can choose to receive their name badges by airmail about 8–10 days prior to the conference if payment is received by 23 July 2018.
Standard registration rate
- You can register online until the end of the conference, but you can only pay by credit card.
|Categories||Early registration rates
(deadline 23 July 2018)
|Standard registration rates|
|Week ticket||Day ticket||Week ticket||Day ticket|
|Member 2018 (1):||€385||€230||€415||€230|
|Student member 2018 (1, 2):||€170||not available||€200||not available|
|Student non-member (2):||€190||not available||€220||not available|
|(1)||Participants having paid their annual membership fee for 2018 to the AMS, ESSL, or any of the member societies of the EMS, and staff of EMS associate members. Please check on EMS web site, whether your organisation belongs to the EMS.|
|(2)||Please enclose/show proof of status.|
On-site registration at standard registration rates will be possible during the conference week (payment in Euro only by cash or credit card) at the times given below.
|Sunday, 2 September 2018:||15:00–18:00|
|Monday–Thursday, 3–6 September 2018:||08:00–18:00|
|Friday, 7 September 2018:||08:00–12:00|
Terms and conditions
- Pre-registration at early registration must be accompanied by payment. Otherwise, it will not be processed and the standard registration rates will be applied.
- Registrations are for the persons specified and are non-transferable.
- Registration for the conference implies the acceptance of the rules of conduct.
- Registration (online and on-site) is only possible when accepting the data protection agreement. A Copernicus Office user account is necessary in order to register. For participants without existing account, an account needs to be created.
- Changes to registration invoices are only possible with regard to the invoice address or order references. Any such claims must be received by Copernicus Meetings no later than 6 weeks after the last day of the conference. Later requests cannot be considered.
- Changes to the registration rate selected in the finalized registration form, including the received invoice, can only be realized for unpaid invoices. Then, the attendee is asked to cancel the registration order and to place a new order through the registration form, including the correct registration rate. Please note that the deadline for early registration is also valid in such cases.
- For participation in the EMS2018 Festa (not included in the registration fee), the corresponding terms and conditions apply.
Conditions and cancellation policy
- Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received by Copernicus Meetings by 23 July 2018. The cancellation fee is €50.
- Cancellations after 23 July 2018 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- Registration fees are not refundable in case the conference has to be cancelled because of a force majeure.
- There is no reason (including but not limited to illness, inability to travel, visa application rejection, travel restrictions, etc.) for registration cancellation that makes the above-mentioned deadline for cancellations inapplicable.
The organizers cannot accept liability for personal accident, loss, or damage to private property which may be incurred as a result of participation in the EMS Annual Meeting 2018. Participants are, therefore, advised to arrange appropriate insurance cover. This should extend not only to travel, but also to cancellation costs.
Parts of the EMS Annual Meeting 2018 will be recorded. By registering, participants acknowledge and consent that during their attendance at the EMS Annual Meeting 2018 their image or voice may be recorded via video, photograph, or any other means ("recorded") by an official of the conference or designated staff. This material may be distributed or published at the discretion of the European Meteorological Society. If you do not wish to be recorded, you are required to formally advise the EMS Secretariat in advance.