Rules of conduct and procedure
Rules of conduct
- Smoking is prohibited in the entire conference centre.
- It is prohibited to copy any presentation from the desktops in the lecture rooms.
- Please note that video-graphic recordings are not allowed: photos or videos of scientific material shown in any oral or poster presentations may only be taken if the presenter authorizes it. Presenters are encouraged to inform the audience if they welcome photos.
- Please switch off any mobile phones or set them to mute mode during the sessions.
Abstracts & presentation
- The abstract will be the basis for conveners to accept a contribution and decide about the type of presentation.
- Abstracts should be between 250 and 450 words, clear, concise, and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Abstracts should not only briefly motivate the work to be presented but also provide factual information on the description of methods used and the anticipated type of results.
- We recommend that the abstract be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked before submission, in particular with regard to the list of authors, in order to avoid last-minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors.
- By submitting an abstract, authors accept the licence & copyright agreement.
- Authors may decide to submit their abstract with a preference either for a poster presentation or for an oral presentation. However, there is no guarantee that an oral preference can be realised depending on the available time slots for orals and the suitability of the abstracts.
- Submission of the same abstract to more than one session is not allowed. Duplicates identified by the Programme and Science Committee will be rejected.
- The content of EMS Annual Meeting abstracts is the responsibility of their authors. EMS reserves the right to reject abstracts that are not written in English, do not meet basic standards of scientific quality, or do not adhere to conventional standards of civil discourse and common decency.
- An abstract processing fee (APF) of €35 gross must be paid for each abstract submission. The APF does not register you for the EMS Annual Meeting. Separate registration fees apply. Solicited speakers do not receive discounted APFs, registration fees, or travel reimbursement.
- The official language of the conference is English. Simultaneous interpretation is not provided. It is therefore expected that authors are able to present their research in the English language.
- Please take note of the poster and oral presentation guidelines.
The organisers cannot accept liability for personal accident, loss, or damage to private property which may be incurred as a result of participation in the conference. Participants are therefore advised to arrange appropriate insurance cover. This should extend not only to travel but also to cancellation costs.